Copper sulphate is used to manage the majority of blue-green algae types.
Not only does copper sulphate kill problem algae, specifically blue-green algae, it is an effective component in treating filamentous algae and free floating algae.
Copper sulphate works most effective in bright sunlight when algae is first sighted and applied on the water surface with minimal wind. Before application, ensure larger mats of floating algae are removed.
When NOT to use:
- When fish within the vicinity are intended to be consumed by humans
- On drinking water, irrigation and livestock dams
- On water below 16 degrees
Copper sulphate is APVMA approved
FREE FLOATING ALGAE: 0.2 – 0.5mg/L Copper,
FILAMENTOUS ALGAE: 0.5 – 1 mg/L Copper
- If area is infested, re apply after 10-14 days
- DO NOT allow spray cloud to come into contact with the skin
- DO NOT apply with a ground boom sprayer
Additional hazard statements according to GHS 7: Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Very toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects.